What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website, or app?
· We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as email, or participate in another site feature.
· When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information, or other details to help you with your experience. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
· We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill a gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
· Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our website. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
When do we collect information?
We collect information when you place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
· To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
· To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
· To process your transactions quickly.
· To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services if you have opted in to receive our email newsletter. If you would no longer like to receive promotional email from us, please refer to the “How can you opt out, remove, or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted in to receive email newsletters, you will not receive those emails.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be accessed only as stated above. However, no company, including Mother Maggie’s, can fully eliminate security risks associated with the transmission of personal information through online transactions, and you do so at your own risk.
Do we use “cookies”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understand our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browsers (like Internet Explorer or Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make our site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Do we disclose information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII (Personally Identifiable Information) unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include Mother Maggie’s. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, nonpersonally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt out, remove, or modify information you have provided to us?
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act we agree to the following:
· If, at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at mothermaggies [at] gmail [dot] com and well will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Third party payment processors
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content or the activities of these linked sites. That said, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work.)
California Online Privacy Protections Act (CalOPPA)
According to CalOPPA we agree to inform you of the following:
· Users can visit our site anonymously.
· Users are able to change their personal information with us via email.
· We do not respond to web browser “do not track” or other related mechanisms at this time.
· We do allow third party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and online safety.
In accordance with COPPA, we do not specifically market to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such info from our files.
Changes to our policy
Contacting us with questions and/or feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue, to mothermaggies [at] gmail [dot] com. Or you may write us at:
6490 Front St #222
Forestville, CA 95436
Online policy only
Terms and conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions page, establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.